Why do I Call the UN the “Ugly Nazi”?
(This information was compiled a long time ago, almost nothing has changed!)
1. Before 1990, the UN Security Council passed 175 resolutions, 97 were directed against Israel (which is 55% of all resolutions).
2. Before 1990, UN General Assembly voted on 690 resolutions, 429 were directed against Israel (which is 62% of all resolutions).
3. The UN was silent when Jordanians destroyed 58 Synagogues in Jerusalem.
4. The UN was silent while the Jordanians systematically desecrated the ancient Jewish cemetery on the Mount of Olives.
5. The UN was silent while the Jordanians enforced an apartheid-like policy of preventing Jews from visiting the Temple Mount and the Western Wall.
6. The UN was silent while for 18 months Israel was terrorized by an indiscriminate suicide bombing campaign unleashed by PA leadership.
7. There are many Muslim countries in the UN.
8. Due to an institutional bias against Israel, it is the ONLY MEMBER of the UN that will NOT BE PERMITTED MEMBERSHIP ON THE SECURITY COUNCIL. At the same the Palestinian Authority gained its non-member observer state status at the UN in November 2012 with 138 votes. (Only recently Israel was allowed to join some of UN groups.)
9. Israel is the only country excluded from the UN's regional group system. Since Israel does not belong to any group, it is the only country of 190 member states that is not eligible to serve on the numerous UN commissions.
10. In recent years, the UN Commission on Human Rights has annually passed five resolutions condemning Israel. This year, they passed seven. By contrast, each of the following countries/regions has been the subject of only one resolution: Afghanistan, Burundi, Congo, Cuba, Iran, Iraq, Myanmar, Russia/Chechnya, Sierra Leone, Southeast Europe and Sudan…
11. Nov. 29 is the United Nations Day of International Solidarity with the Palestinian People. No other people have a UN Day of Solidarity!
12. Israel is the only state to which a special investigator with "an open-ended mandate to inspect its human rights record" is assigned by the UN.
13. It is the only state targeted by two special committees and special units of the UN Secretariat ostensibly devoted to the Palestinians but, in reality, they are dedicated to Israel-bashing worldwide, costing millions of dollars a year.
14. UNIFIL, the UN force stationed on the Israel-Lebanon border, hid a videotape of Israeli soldiers being abducted by Hezbollah in October 2000. After finally admitting to having the tape, the UN would only show an edited version (in which Hezbollah faces were hidden) to the Israeli government.
15. UNESCO, in Paris, began passing resolutions about protection of Jerusalem holy sites and access for Muslims in 1968. No resolutions about protection or Jewish access were passed from 1946 to 1967 when Jordan controlled Jerusalem and barred Jews from entering.
Food for Thought. by Steven Shamrak
Enemies of Israel and international Jew-haters, be it Arabs/Muslims or traditional European anti-Semites, do not even bother to engage in meaningful and factual debate with Israel. Facts are meaningless to them, so they resort to slander only. They say, “poor Palestinians”, knowing (they are not stupid) that before 1964 there was no such nation or country, and that most leaders of so-called Palestinians are not poor, thanks to generosity of international anti-Semites in the UN. They accuse Israel of violating international laws, but never say which ones.
Defense Minister Benny Gantz met with US Secretary of State Antony Blinken in Washington. They discussed possible military exercises that would prepare for a worst-case scenario to destroy Iran's nuclear facilities should diplomacy fail. Minister Gantz and Secretary Lloyd Austin also touched on the importance of maintaining Israel’s Qualitative Military Edge (QME) in an increasingly unstable region, and the critical need for the replenishment of Israel’s air defense systems.
Once-secret Soviet documents claim Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas was once a KGB agent codenamed "Mole." The documents, obtained by CNN (not an Israel-loving Network) from the Mitrokhin Archive at Churchill College at the University of Cambridge, say that Abbas, who completed graduate work in Moscow in 1982, was a KGB agent while he was a member of the Palestine Liberation Organization in Damascus.
Has Israel Stopped East Jerusalem Development?
Jerusalem municipal officials have frozen plans to build a large Jewish settlement at an abandoned airport in eastern Jerusalem. The decision came in the wake of heavy US opposition to the project. The plan calls for building 9,000 housing units for ultra-Orthodox Jews. It is considered especially controversial because it is in an area surrounded by three densely populated Palestinian communities. City officials say the project requires an environmental study - a process that is expected to take a year. (Is it another gutless political retreat or normal big project time frame used as an anti-Israel propaganda? Why does construction of Jewish homes on Jewish land attract so much attention from a 'friend' like the US, and other international anti-Semites?)
After five terrorist attacks in less than three weeks, the defense establishment believes there is an increased intention to carry out terrorist attacks in Judea and Samaria. The defense establishment is preparing for the possibility of copycat attacks.
'Iron Wall' Barrier along Gaza Completed
Israel announced the completion of a 65 kilometre barrier along the Gaza border, described as an “iron wall” equipped with underground sensors, radar and cameras to curb threats. (Next step is to remove the terror-supporting enemy population from Gaza to Sinai.)
An appeals court in the Netherlands rules that Israeli Defense Minister Benny Gantz cannot be held liable for Gazans' deaths in 2014 operation. The Netherland’s universal jurisdiction system allows charges to be brought in serious cases in which international law has allegedly been violated.
During last May’s military operation “Guardian of the Walls,” only 40 of the 500 Arab-Israeli truck drivers summoned to aid the IDF’s efforts participated, with 460 drivers ignoring the call to action. (Israel’s political elite is pretending that the integration of Arab-Israelis is still a possibility. It has not worked so far!)
Quote of the Week:
“Iran is not just a threat to our physical security. Iran poses a concrete threat to our way of life and our shared values. In its aspirations to become a hegemon - Iran seeks to destroy all traces of freedom, human dignity and peace in the Middle East and beyond. The nuclear program is a means to its hegemonic goals." - Benny Gantz, Israeli Defense Minister.
UNRWA vs UNHCR Goals and Agenda
by Yona Levy Grosman
(Document was published almost 10 years ago - link has been removed from Internet)
UNHCR – within a period of a few months, and no more than one year, all refugees acclimatize to their new home and begin to build their new lives. UNHCR considers "family planning" as a very important issue for adapting to their new countries.
UNHCR Goal: Its primary purpose is to safeguard the rights and well-being of refugees. It strives to ensure that everyone can exercise the right to seek asylum and find safe refuge in another state, with the option to return home voluntarily, integrate locally or to resettle in a third country. UNHCR provides basic material help and passes all the other needs of the refugee to the shelter countries.
UNRWA - creates total dependence on its support system for the refugees and their descendants, with no limit of time. It prevents rehabilitation resolutions in many cases.
UNRWA Goal - Its main goal is to educate and to execute the "Right of Return" to Palestine (which was designated to Jews as Eretz-Israel, the Land of Israel, in 1922 by the League of Nations). In order to achieve this goal, all means are valid, including preserving the refugees’ refugee status even though some of them have received citizenship in other countries. UNRWA works as an autonomous authority, to preserve its main programs, health and education, as they have been for many decades.
Does UNHRC Care about Real Refugees?
The United Nations’ Human Rights Council (UNHRC) appointed three officials to conduct a fact-finding mission on how the Jewish communities in Judea and Samaria (Yehuda and Shomron) affect the lives of PA Arabs. Israel’s Foreign Ministry subsequently decided to sever its ties with the UNHRC, saying the decision stems from a series of unilateral moves that the "Palestinians" are trying to lead against Israel. (On an average year, there are 50 million refugees world-wide. They are waiting for UN assistance. But for more than 70 years UNHRC’s main focus is the welfare of the fake Palestinian refugees, who are living in the comfort of (cities) so-called refugee camps.)