(This is 2018 information, but little has changed)
Both UNRWA (United Nations Relief and Works Agency) and the UNHCR (United Nations High Commission for Refugees) are mandated by the UN to aid refugees, but there are some significant differences between how these two organizations spend their money, and thus, how successful and efficient they are at using that money to end the refugee crisis...
If one defines success as resolving the refugee’s problems, then UNRWA can only be defined as a complete failure.
UNRWA does not try or want to resettle the refugees, nor help the refugees move forward with their lives in a new host country, where some are already 3rd and 4th generation UN welfare recipients.
UNRWA maintains the refugee definition, even for those living in refugee camps within the Palestinian Authority.
UNRWA has 4X more staff members than UNHCR, although UNRWA deals with 6X fewer refugees.
UNRWA spends twice as much per refugee each year than UNHCR does – and has never resettled even a single refugee.
UNHCR: Refugees can be resettled in any third country, with the goal to help them get on with their lives. Children of refugees are not supposed to be considered refugees.
UNRWA: There are 4.681 million Arab refugees; however, only 20,000 according to a classified US State Department report.
UNHCR: There are 15.4 million refugees; plus 800,000 awaiting refugee status and 12 million stateless people w/o refugee status for a total of 28.2 million refugees.
UNRWA: $1 Billion USD; Number of Countries: 5; Staff: 29,000
UNHCR: $3.32 Billion USD; Number of Countries: 123; Staff: 7,200
Conclusion: Shut down UNRWA and transfer the responsibility for resettling fake Palestinian refugees to UNHCR.
Israel conducted more than 100 air strikes in northern Sinai in an effort to root out terrorists affiliated with Islamic State. For more than two years, unmarked Israeli drones, helicopters and jets have carried out a covert air campaign in the area with the approval of Egyptian President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi.
Food for Thought. by Steven Shamrak
Thanks G-d that Arabs rejected the UN Partition plan in 1947 – now they have no legal claim, under international law, to the land of Israel – Judea, Samaria and Gaza! Arabs were so sure that Jews, who had not recovered yet from the trauma of the Holocaust, would not be able to defend the little scrap of land that the UN (the Ugly Nazi) so 'generously' gave to them, so they arrogantly attacked the newly created Jewish state, which had no army or real weapons! And the rest of the world was eagerly waiting in anticipation that seven advancing Arab/Muslim armies would at last finish what European Nazis started!
Another Useless Retaliation
1) A rocket was launched Thursday from the Gaza Strip at the Hof Ashkelon Regional Council in Israel. The IDF responded with an attack on an observation post of Hamas in northern Gaza.
2) IDF arrested four armed Gaza terrorists attempting to infiltrate the border into Israel. (While this stupid game is played, Jews in Israel are terrorised! There is plenty of room for enemy population in Sinai, see below. Time to remove them and let Jews live in peace in Israel!)
Seven dead, dozens injured in Gaza explosion. Family feud in the Gaza Strip results in a gas cylinder being set on fire and detonated, causing a building to collapse; some of the casualties were children. (Arabs must pray for existence of Israel as a common enemy! Otherwise, they would have ‘nuked’ each other a long time ago!)
11 countries speed up funding for Palestinians. The head of the UN agency for Palestinian refugees said Tuesday that Russia, Kuwait and nine European countries have agreed to speed up their contributions to help fill a shortfall left by the Trump administration's decision to greatly reduce crucial US funding. UNRWA, which serves some 5 million Palestinian (fake) refugees and their descendants, had a budget of over $1 billion last year.
1) There are 82,000 fighters "directly under Iranian authority in Syria," said Israel's ambassador to the United Nations, Danny Danon, including 3,000 members of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps, 9,000 members of Hezbollah and 10,000 members of "violent Shi’a militias recruited from across the Mideast, including Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan," he said.
2) Hojatoleslam Seyed Ebrahim Raisi inspected Hizballah and Israel military positions on the Lebanese-Israel border on Jan. 30. Raisi is Ayatollah Ali Khamenei leading successor as Iran’s next supreme leader.
Over the past 17 years, Israel has spent NIS 6 billion on building and improving border fences along the Jordanian, Egyptian, Syrian, Lebanese and Gazan borders, as well as on the first-of-its-kind underground barrier project - which cost nearly half the sum itself. The cost of erecting fences around Israel's borders over the past seven years stands at NIS 6 billion. On Israel's border with the Gaza Strip, both a high-tech fence and an innovative underground barrier are currently being built along the 59 kilometers of frontier Israel shares with the strip. The government has allocated NIS 3.3 billion thus far to erect the barrier.
The US has added Hamas leader Ismail Haniyeh to its list of global terrorists. Those persons and entities included on the list face sanctions from the US. Assets they have which are under US jurisdiction will be frozen. US citizens are prohibited from dealing with them, and international entities may also face punishment from the US for doing so.
QUOTE of the WEEK:
“Terrorists never need another reason to carry out attacks. The mere fact that we Jews have a state made us a target. They don't really need Trump to encourage them to wage terror against us. We suffered terror during the 1990s and during the 2000s without Trump. Trump is only a fig leaf to cover the real motivation to wipe us all out from this country.” - Dr. Mordechai Kedar
Sinai Option – The Road to Permanent Peace!
by Steven Shamrak.
It is not enough to rebuke enemies – Israel must have a clear plan of action in order to reunite all Jewish land and stop anti-Jewish international hypocrisy!
Do you know any other way that has not been tried?
Only 120 years ago, most parts of the Middle East, including Palestine and the entire Sinai Peninsula, were a desolate, arid, land mass which did not belong to any country. It was a no man’s land with which for 2000 years Jews had an unbroken spiritual and historical bond!
The creation of a Mandate system after the defeat of the Ottoman Empire in World War 1 and the grip of the new masters, Britain and France, laid the foundations of the current Arab-Israel conflict:
Trans-Jordan was part of the Palestinian mandate, which was allocated for the creation of a Jewish state by the League of Nations in 1922, in accordance with the Balfour Declaration. Therefore, its separation from Palestinian mandated land was an illegal act. Unfortunately, the dominant imperial powers, Britain and France, controlled the League of Nations which they used to rubber stamp their shady deals at the time.
As a result of the deal, in 1922, in order to secure Britain's financial interests in the Suez Canal, Sinai was illegally given to Egypt by the British with the permission of King Hussein of Hejaz and Nejd, now Saudi Arabia. In return, Britain transferred control of the land east of the river Jordan to Hussein's son, Abdullah. Control of the Golan Heights was transferred to the French-run Syrian Mandate and in exchange the United Kingdom got control of the newly discovered oil fields in Kirkuk.
Since its independence, Israel has fought many wars with its implacable Arab neighbours, signed numerous cease-fires, so-called Hudnas and even peace agreements. But all those efforts have not brought about any permanent solution to the endless terror Israeli society has been enduring daily.
The solution that can bring permanent peace to Israel and let Arabs live with dignity in their own country was proposed over 100 years ago.
It has been deliberately ignored and disallowed by the United Nations.
It is the Sinai option – the transfer of all of the Arab population from the land that used to be called the “Palestinian mandate” to the Sinai Peninsula, an area of contiguous land which is comparable in size with the entire Palestinian mandate: Israel, Gaza, Judea, Samaria, the Golan Heights and Jordan! This plan presents a real opportunity for a permanent peace:
1. It will separate the two entirely incompatible communities and will create an environment conducive to the development of a new Arab entity totally independent from Israel.
2. It will provide the Arabs with a contiguous landmass. Isn’t that what the PA is demanding?
3. It will give the Arabs full territorial, financial, military, political and religious control over the land, natural resources and population. There will be no dependency on Israel!
4. The new entity will be accountable for its actions in accordance with international law.
5. Israel will be able to securely control its border with the new Arab entity and keep it accountable for any terror activity.
6. All anti-Israel terror-inclined elements will be removed from the Jewish lands.
And, this plan is relatively easy to implement because:
1. The new entity can be either part of Egypt or become another independent Arab state.
2. There are only around 250,000 people living in Sinai today, predominantly Bedouins.
3. The SINAI OPTION will resolve the so-called Palestinians refugee question as they can easily be settled in the Sinai. Note: Over 70% of Jordan’s population are so-called Palestinians. Others are descendents of the refuges from Saudi Arabia.
4. Every year the International community has been wasting/spending billions of dollars merely on conflict maintenance in the region. The SINAI OPTION offers the opportunity for investment in the permanent resolution of the conflict and it will free up billions of dollars that can be used to alleviate the suffering of people the world over.
5. Population transfers were successfully implemented before and after the adoption of the fourth Geneva Convention resolution. In fact, Israel is the only country this resolution targeted in order to prevent the transfer of the Arab population from Israel after the war of Independence!
6. It will create investment opportunities and would be of great benefit to Egypt as well a financial bonanza for the Arabs who are currently living in Judea-Samaria, Gaza and Jordan.
7. It will improve the lifestyle and living conditions of millions of Arabs and will bring peace, stability and prosperity to Jews in Israel.
8. The plan can be implemented humanely and gradually under the supervision of the International community or it can be implemented by force, unilaterally by Israel, when the Arab enemies of the Jewish state start the next war or perpetrate a hideous act of terror against the Israeli population. Israel must be ready to implement the SINAI OPTION at any time!
This is the only way toward permanent peace in the region and the fulfilment of the 2000 year old commandment and inspiration of the Jewish people – the return to the G-d given land of our ancestors!
The International community, Arab and Muslim countries insist that they want peace in the Middle East! Therefore, why don’t they even want to hear about this alternative plan? And the fact that during the breakout through the Sinai border with Egypt, instigated and planned in advance by Hamas, half of Gaza’s population were able to cross the border during the first two days is a proof that the Sinai Option easy to implement and a practical way to start the process of ending Arab occupation of Jewish land and establishing true and permanent peace in Israel, free of Arab terror.