Don’t Tell Jews Where They Can Live!
by Joseph Farah
Barack Obama is taking what he and his administration refer to as "a more balanced approach to Middle East policy."
It means the U.S. government is now using its clout with Israel to insist Jews, not Israelis, mind you, but Jews, be disallowed from living in East Jerusalem and the historically Jewish lands of Judea and Samaria, often referred to as the West Bank.
I want you to try to imagine the outrage, the horror, the outcry, the clamouring, the gnashing of teeth that would ensue if Arabs or Muslims were told they could no longer live in certain parts of Israel – let alone their own country. Of course, that would never happen with "a more balanced approach to the Middle East."
It's the 1930s all over again. This time, it's the enlightened liberal voices of Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama who are telling Jews where they can live, how they can live and how far they must bend if they want to live at all.
…Israel is being reduced to "Auschwitz borders." Jews have already been told they can no longer live in the Gaza Strip. Now they are being told they can no longer choose to live in any of the areas being set aside by international elites for a future Palestinian state.
…Obama and Clinton – and, thus, by definition, you and me, the taxpayers of the United States – have determined they will yield to the racist, bigoted, anti-Semitic demands of the Palestinian Authority that no Jews be allowed to live in their new state.
…It is the official policy of the Palestinian Authority that all Jews must get off the land! Why is the United States supporting the creation of a new, racist, anti-Semitic hate state? Why is the civilized world viewing this as a prescription for peace in the region? Why is this considered an acceptable idea? Is there any other place in the world where that kind of official policy of racism and ethnic cleansing is tolerated – even condoned?
…Now, keep in mind, there are already quite a few Arab and Muslim states in the Middle East. Many of them already forbid Jews to live in them. Some prohibit Christians as well. But now, the only Jewish state in the world, and one that has a claim on the land dating back to the days of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, is being told Jews must keep off land currently under their own control, but destined for transfer to people who hate them, despise them, want to see them dead and will not even accept living peacefully with them as neighbours.
…I say, "No more ethnic cleansing. No more official anti-Semitism accepted. No more Jew-bashing. No more telling Jews where they can live, how they can – and if they can live."
Food for Thought. by Steven Shamrak
The civil war has just ended in Sri Lanka after almost 30 years of fighting. It took a few weeks and the world has already forgotten about it or has never really cared! In spite of similarities of the conflicts, Israel has had no such luck.
Due to Absence of Lateral Thinking. The mayor of Jerusalem opened the parking lot on the request of police who said illegal parking in the nearby Old City was blocking emergency vehicles. The mayor tried to appease ultra-Orthodox concerns by not charging for parking and hiring non-Jews to administer the lot. (Wouldn’t placing removable restriction barriers and towing away illegally parked vehicles before Sabbath be a better solution?)
Cooperation the PA Style. The PA has boycotted the forming of an official committee to place the Dead Sea among the Seven Wonder of Nature, and a result, the Dead Sea will not participate in the next world competition.
A Step Toward Self-reliance. The Israeli navy has dropped plans to purchase U.S. made warships, originally planned on purchasing either the small Littoral Combat Ships (LCS) from Lockheed Martin or similar corvettes built by Northrop Grumman, and instead is exploring the possibility of a home-grown military shipbuilding industry.
Quote of the Week: "Through the mercy of fools all justice is lost." – Ramban’s comments on: "do not show [your enemy] any pity" (Deuteronomy 7:17)
External Political Interference Must be Stopped. French President Nicholas Sarkozy told Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu last week to replace Avigdor Lieberman with Tzipi Livni as Foreign Minister. (What would the reaction of French people be if Netanyahu told Sarkozy to dump French Foreign Minister Kushner? Our enemies, disguised as friends, have never had any respect for Israel’s sovereignty.)
Israeli Sub Crosses Suez Canal. An Israeli defense official said Saturday the Dolphin-class submarine made the passage last month from a Mediterranean navel base and able to reach the Persian Gulf off Iran in days. It can fire cruise missiles. Iran is under three sets of UN Security Council sanctions for refusing to freeze its uranium enrichment program.
News the Main-stream Media is Quiet About. Hamas has rejected the report by Amnesty International, which accused the Islamic radicals who rule Gaza of ''war crimes.'' The accusations are based on the launching of hundreds of rockets and missiles on the civilian population in southern Israel from Gaza.
Quote of the Week: "Israel's decision of whether to use military force against Tehran's nuclear weapons program is more urgent than ever… Those who oppose Iran acquiring nuclear weapons are left in the near term with only the option of targeted military force against its weapons facilities.” - John Bolton, former U.S. Ambassador to the UN
The Enduring Peace.
Just last month, Abbas rejected the idea of a Jewish state and recently met with Palestinian youth leaders where he held up a framed map of Palestine – clearly labelled in English - that covered all of Israel. “I say this clearly: I do not accept the Jewish State, call it what you will," Abbas said during the meeting in Ramallah. And, it is not and an accident or a joke!
News that was not reported by the international media: Below is a short list of terrorist activities Israel has endured during the past few months of 2009. Would any government tolerate such an indignity? Why does Israel?
• June 8: Ten gunmen approach the Nahal Oz border crossing between Gaza and Israel, with a large quantity of explosives loaded on horses, seeking to infiltrate Israel’s border and kidnap IDF soldiers. The gunmen opened fire on an IDF force by the crossing, which returned fire, killing four militants.
• May 22: Palestinian Islamic Jihad (PIJ) operatives open fire at IDF soldiers by the Kerem Shalom goods crossing along the Israel-Gaza border. The soldiers return fire and kill the terrorists.
• May 22: An IED (Improvised Explosive Device), targeting an IDF patrol, explodes near the Karni crossing. The Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PFLP) claimed responsibility for the attack, although it did not result in any casualties.
• May 19: Iran-backed Hamas fires a Qassam rocket, hitting a Sderot home. Two victims were treated for shock and the home was moderately damaged.
• May 3: An Israeli soldier is stabbed in the neck and moderately injured when getting off a bus in Ramat Gan, near Tel Aviv. The Arab attacker fled the scene, but was caught the next day.
• April 29: An IED device explodes by the Erez Crossing in the Gaza Strip. There were no casualties. Members of PIJ and the Fatah-affiliated Al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigade claimed responsibility for the attack.
• April 13: The Israeli Navy discovers an unmanned vessel off the coast of the Gaza Strip. Upon approaching the boat, it exploded but caused no damage. The navy suspected that hundreds of tons of explosives were aboard the boat and the target was a navy ship.
• April 7: A resident of Jabal Mukaber in East Jerusalem tries to run over three policemen in Sur Baher (another neighbourhood in East Jerusalem) with his vehicle. The policemen, who sustained minor injuries, shot and killed the terrorist.
• April 4: Basma Awad al-Nabari, 15, opens fire on Israeli Border Police at the Shoket Junction in southern Israel. The police try to persuade al-Nabari to turn herself in, but fail. When she continues to shoot they return fire and kill her.
• April 2: An axe-wielding terrorist enters the settlement of Bat Ayin in the West Bank and murders 16 year-old Shlomo Nativ, and attempts to murder a 7-year-old child. Another resident scuffles with the terrorist but he manages to flee the scene.
• March 31: IDF soldiers discover four terrorists placing an IED near the Gaza Strip security fence. Two terrorists were killed in the ensuing gun battle and large quantities of explosives are found.
• March 21: Police foil a terrorist attack in Haifa. A private vehicle wired with explosives is found outside the entrance of the Lev HaMifratz shopping mall. Approximately 100 pounds (45kg) of explosives are found in the vehicle.
• March 7: An Israeli civilian sustains minor injuries when stones are thrown at him near the city of Hebron in the West Bank.
• March 5: A Palestinian drives a bulldozer into a police patrol car in Jerusalem. The bulldozer crosses the intersection, ploughed into the car a number of times, overturning it, jamming the car against a street light and a bus on the other side of the street. A policeman sustains light injuries.
• March 5: An anti-tank missile is fired at an IDF patrol on the Israeli side of the Gaza border security fence.
• March 1: Nine rockets hit towns and communities in the Western Negev. One rocket hits a house in the city of Sderot. In a separate incident, an Israeli civilian sustains injuries when stones are thrown at his car, north of Ramallah.