Sinai Option – The Road to Permanent Peace!
by Steven Shamrak.
Only 120 years ago, most parts of the Middle East, including Palestine and entire Sinai Peninsula, were a desolated, arid, land mass which did not belong to any country. It was a no man’s land with which for 2000 years Jews had an unbroken spiritual and historical bond!
The creation of a Mandate system after the defeat of the Ottoman Empire in the World War 1 and the grid of the new masters, Britain and France, laid the foundations of the current Arab-Israel conflict:
Trans-Jordan was the part of the Palestinian mandate, which was allocated for creation of a Jewish state by the League of Nations in 1922, in accordance with the Balfour Declaration. Therefore, its separation from Palestinian mandated land was an illegal act. Unfortunately, the dominant imperial powers, Britain and France, controlled the League of Nations which they used to rubber stamp their shady deals at the time.
As a result of the deal, in 1922, in order to secure Britain's financial interests in the Suez Canal, Sinai was illegally given to Egypt by the British with the permission of King Hussein of Hejaz and Nejd, now Saudi Arabia. In return, Britain transferred control of the land east of the river Jordan to Hussein's son, Abdullah. Control of the Golan Heights were transferred to the French-run Syrian Mandate in exchange the United Kingdom got control of newly discovered oil fields in Kirkuk.
Since its independence, Israel has fought many wars with its implacable Arab neighbours, signed numerous cease-fires, so-called Hundas and even peace agreements. But all those efforts have not brought about any permanent solution to the endless terror Israeli society has been enduring daily.
The solution that can bring permanent peace to Israel and let Arabs live with dignity in their own country was proposed over 100 years ago. It has been deliberately ignored and disallowed by the United Nations.
It is the Sinai option – the transfer of all of the Arab population from the land that used to be called the “Palestinian mandate” to the Sinai Peninsula, an area of contiguous land which is comparable by size with the entire Palestinian mandate: Israel, Gaza, Judea, Samaria, Golan Heights and Jordan! This plan presents the real opportunity for a permanent peace:
1. It will separate the two entirely incompatible communities and will create an environment conducive to the development of a new Arab entity totally independent from Israel.
2. It will provide Arabs with a contiguous landmass. Isn’t that what the PA is demanding?
3. It will give Arabs full territorial, financial, military, political and religious control over the land, natural resources and population. There will be no dependency on Israel!
4. The new entity will be accountable for its actions in accordance with international law.
5. Israel will be able to securely control its border with the new Arab entity and keep it accountable for any terror activity.
6. All anti-Israel terror-inclined elements will be removed from the Jewish lands.
And, this plan is relatively easy to implement because:
1. The new entity can be either part of Egypt or become another independent Arab state.
2. There are only around 250,000 people living in Sinai today, predominantly Bedouins.
3. The SINAI OPTION will resolve the so-called Palestinians refugee question as they can easily be settled in the Sinai. Note: Over 70% of Jordan’s population are so-called Palestinians others are decedents of the refuges from Saudi Arabia.
4. Every year the International community has been wasting/spending billions of dollars merely on conflict maintenance in the region. The SINAI OPTION offers the opportunity for investment in the permanent resolution of the conflict and it will free up billions of dollars that can be used to alleviate the suffering of people the world over.
5. Population transfers were successfully implemented before and after the adoption of the fourth Geneva Convention resolution. In fact, Israel is the only country this resolution targeted in order to prevent the transfer of the Arab population from Israel after the war of Independence!
6. It will create investment opportunities and would be of great benefit to Egypt, as well a financial bonanza for the Arabs who are currently living in Judea-Samaria, Gaza and Jordan.
7. It will improve the lifestyle and living conditions of millions of Arabs and will bring peace, stability and prosperity to Jews in Israel.
8. The plan can be implemented humanely and gradually under supervision of the International community or it can be implemented by force, unilaterally by Israel, when the Arab enemies of the Jewish state start the next war or perpetrate the hideous act of terror against the Israeli population. Israel must be ready to implement the SINAI OPTION at any time!
This is the only way toward permanent peace in the region and fulfillment of the 2000 year old commandment and inspiration of Jewish people – the return to the G-d given land of our ancestors!
The International community, Arab and Muslim countries insist that they want peace in the Middle East! Therefore, why don’t they even want to hear about this alternative plan? And the fact that during the breakout through the Sinai border with Egypt, instigated and planned in advance by Hamas, half of Gaza’s population were able to cross the border during the first two days is a proof that the Sinai Option easy to implement and the practical way to start the process of ending Arab occupation of Jewish land and establishing true and permanent peace in Israel, free of Arab terror.
Israel increased alert levels throughout the country following a suicide bombing and escalating attacks on motorists by PA terrorists.
Food for Thought. by Steven Shamrak
Traditions and customs of all nations or indigenous people are greatly respected by a kind and politically correct international community. At the same time, any inconceivable excuse is used to negate, brush-off or dismiss a 3300 years old spiritual and historical connection of Jewish people with the land of Israel, Eretz-Israel!
Border Break up was a Pre-planned by Hamas. Shin Bet chief, Yuval Diskin, warned the Israeli cabinet that the Hamas exploited the chaos on the Gaza-Sinai border to smuggle in quantities of long-range rockets, anti-tank and anti-air rockets and high explosives for missiles. Hundreds of Palestinian terrorists have headed south into along the 220-km Israeli border. The number of armed terrorists at large in Sinai is estimated in the region of a thousand. Hamas prepared at least 30 tracks for them to use when it bulldozed the Gaza-Sinai border two weeks ago.
No Justice for Zionists in Israel. Two Jewish anti-Disengagement activists, brothers Modechai and Elitzur Harel, were sentenced to 40 and 30 months in prison for planning a road block in 2005 by judge George Kara, an Israeli-Arab. "The judge and the prosecution turned them from planners of a roadblock protest into planners of a mass-casualty bombing." Boaz Yaakobi, a friend of the two brothers said.
Self-serving Political Scum. Defense Minister and Labor Party Chairman Ehud Barak has decided to stay in the Olmert government, thereby securing the continued existence of the Olmert government in the wake of the Winograd report, reneging on a campaign promise he made during Labor's primary elections last year. Labor Knesset Member Danny Yatom slammed Barak and Olmert together, saying "In any normal, moral country, Olmert would have resigned in light of the report, or the Labor Party would have created a situation where he would have been forced to do so." (For how long will Israel’s voters tolerate this self-indulgent, arrogant political scum? Where is the pride and spirit of “Sabra”?)
Arab Rock-throwing Festival. Arabs threw rocks on Israeli vehicles in different parts of Judea and Samaria Sunday afternoon: A bus was attacked at El Arub north of Hevron, ten Arabs threw rocks at cars between Beit Umar and Karmei Tzur, cars were attacked near Azun, not far from Kalkilya in Samaria. (This is the “normal” life Jews in Israel are forced to live by an inactive, self-hating and corrupt Israeli government! There is no difference between Hamas, Fatah and any other Arab terrorist organization.)
Quote of the Week:
"What we have right now is the last chapter, which the Palestinians and regional nations will confront and eventually turn in Palestine's favour. Accept that the life of Zionists will sooner or later come to an end." - Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad in his speech on January 30, 2008. - Despite the fact that all of them are predicting the same outcome for Israel, Israel’s government is not willing to prove them wrong and end Arab occupation of Jewish land!
Pope Altering the Anti-Semitic Alteration. Pope Benedict XVI said on Sunday the Catholic Church would remove anti-Semitic sections of the traditional Good Friday mass, which he re-introduced last July. The service asks God to "refuse your mercy even to the Jews… so that they may acknowledge the light of your truth... and be delivered from their darkness." (I just wonder, who is still lives in the darkness of the “Dark Age”?)
The Face of Islamic Ugliness. Remote-controlled explosives strapped to two mentally retarded women detonated in a coordinated attack on Baghdad pet bazaars last Friday, killing at least 73 people.
Gaza Occupied by Hamas. Israel's ambassador to the United Nations, Dan Gillerman told the UN Security Council that there is no word for "humanitarian" in the Hamas lexicon. "Gaza is not occupied by Israel," said Gillerman, "it is occupied by Hamas. I am astounded that the Palestinian representative here mentioned the word 'occupation' no less than 13 times in his speech to this body, but failed to mention the word 'Hamas' even once. …we are dealing with the real world here. This is not some (fictional) theatre performance." (…occupation of Jewish land by Arabs must end! This is only way to end suffering of ‘poor Palestinians’.)