White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki sidestepped a question on whether Israel and Saudi Arabia are "important allies" of the United States. She was asked: "Can you please just give a broad sense of what the administration is trying to achieve in the Middle East? For example, does the administration still consider the Saudis and the Israelis important allies?" She responded: "Well, you know, again, I think, we, there are ongoing processes and internal interagency processes... I think I'm going to let those policy processes see themselves through before we give kind of a complete lay down of what our national security approaches will be to a range of issues." The White House has faced growing questions over why Biden has failed to speak with the leader of Israel, a long-time strategic partner in the Middle East! (This is pathetic! Israel must deal with its enemies regardless of the attitude of the ‘friend’ in the White House!)
President Joe Biden rebuffed Iran’s supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, by stating that the US will not lift sanctions unless Iran stops enriching uranium. This was his immediate response to Khamenei’s demand that sanctions be lifted before Tehran returns to the 2015 nuclear accord. (These are two mutually excluding demands! While both sides are playing 'Mexican standoff' game, Iran is still advancing development of its nuclear weapon and delivery systems programs! Israel, with the help of its new Arab friends, must not wait for Biden, but take actions and neutralise Iranian nuclear program, and hopefully facilitate regime change in Iran!)
President Biden also:
1. At the time when some Arab countries are reducing their sponsorship of the Palestinian Authority (PA), Biden will restore US aid to the PA providing funds to pay terrorists for killing Jews in Israel!
2. It is expected that he will restore funding to the UNRWA – the Agency that has been supporting the existence of ’professional’/fake Palestine Refugees for more than 70 years to discredit legitimacy and undermine existence of the Jewish state! Fake Palestinian refugees have their own private agency, sponsored by the international Anti-Semites!
3. Biden has changed the US direction and policies in the Middle East in relation to Iran, Syria, the PA and Yemen, and yet…
4. After almost four weeks in the White House, President Biden is yet to call the Prime Minister of Israel Netanyahu, and leaders of the Arab states!
Well, is President Joe Biden Friend or Enemy of Israel?
Food for Thought. by Steven Shamrak
A lot can be said about Netanyahu - the bottom line he is a skilful diplomat, who likes to be liked, and be in a spotlight as PM of Israel, especially internationally. That is why he destroyed and pushed out any opposition inside of his own party, Likud, and does nothing important - to resolve occupation of the Jewish land by the enemies by moving them out from Judea, Samaria and Gaza, or even just to end enemy terror attacks - to undermine his 'likeability'! Sometimes, particularly during elections in Israel, he plays the role of ‘Zionist’, but only to maintain his PM status!
The Jewish National Fund (JNF) will launch a new policy aimed at purchasing land in Judea and Samaria to expand Jewish communities in the region. The JNF, which was established in 1901 to help secure the purchase of land for Jews in Ottoman Palestine, has refrained from operating in Judea and Samaria since the territories were liberated in the 1967 Six-Day War. Under the draft resolution, the JNF will only purchase privately owned land and only for the purpose of expanding existing communities. (Why limit ourselves from reuniting Eretz-Israel? Buying Jewish land back was the main reason JNF was created and people donate to it, not just planting trees!)
The Hamas terror group ruling Gaza has replenished its arsenal since a 2014 war with Israel and now has a vast collection of rockets, guided missiles and drones. Hamas has some 7,000 rockets, as well as 300 anti-tank and 100 anti-aircraft missiles. Hamas has an army of some 30,000 militants, including 400 naval commandos who have received sophisticated training and equipment to carry out seaborne operations. Hamas, which is opposed to Israel's existence, seized control of Gaza from rival Palestinian forces in 2007. Since then, Israel has fought three wars with Hamas and numerous smaller skirmishes with it and Islamic Jihad. (So what is Netanyahu waiting for - another deadly attack from Gaza, and destroying empty buildings a retaliation, as usual?)
Haaretz journalist says IDF becoming 'army of G-d and literal Messianic Jews' after a beret distribution ceremony in the armoured corps, when IDF soldiers stood up to sing the famous Hebrew song 'Ani Ma'amin' (I believe).' The song, based on one of Maimonides' Thirteen articles of faith. (Not long ago, the Israeli left vilified religious Jews for not joining the IDF. Now they are horrified of proud Jewish soldiers serving in the army!)
The Palestinian Authority is using stones from an ancient Jewish site of Joshua’s Altar located on Mount Ebal to help build a road connecting an Arab village to the city of Nablus. The site is located in Area B of Judea and Samaria, Israel’s Civil Administration says it can do nothing about it. (It is understandable why enemies, not having their own history, want to destroy and do not care about the Jewish one. What is despicable is that for too long Israel has no leadership which would defend our heritage!)
After receiving the first implant of an artificial cornea, a 78-year-old patient, who has been blind in both eyes for 10 years, was able to recognize his family members and read a text. The CorNeat KPro implant is designed to replace deformed, scarred… corneas, and it integrates with the eye wall with no reliance on donor tissue.
Quote of the Week:
“In Israel, innovation is everywhere, like water and food, it’s so natural. Most people innovate for success, but I find Israel innovates for survival. You don’t have diamonds, but you have the biggest diamond exchange in the world. You don’t make cars, but you have the best car technology in the world. You don’t have water, but I heard that you are one of the biggest exporters of vegetables and fruits to Europe. That is amazing.” - Jack Ma, the founder of China’s e-commerce giant Alibaba Group - When people have not been exposed to anti-Semitism, they are not afraid to express their true appreciation for Jewish achievements and contribution to humanity!
US Friendship and Jewish Assertiveness
by Steven Shamrak (first published, Jan 2005)
With the exception of President Trump, nothing has changed since!
Quite often an idea that the United States is the strong supporter of the State of Israel and Jewish people is expressed. Many Jews feel quite nervous when the United States is criticised by Jews and US friendship toward Israel is questioned.
I would like to state clearly and without any reservation: I am a strong admirer of US democracy. I spent half of my life living in the Soviet Union. Therefore, the notion of equality of every individual, freedom of speech and self-expression are very dear to me. I even appreciate the American government’s selfishness, as they put the interests of their own country and people first.
If Israel is to become a true democracy, I can only hope that purity of all these principles will be adopted by the Jewish State.
But let us be truthful and face the reality of historical facts:
1. Knowing the German policy toward Jews before the WW2, Jews were not permitted to immigrate to America. The U.S. state department reprimanded and scared Hollywood Jewish producers by accusing them of “War mongering”. It was Charlie Chaplin, a non-Jew, who broke the taboo by making the comedy “The Great Dictator” exposing fascism. Not a single bomb was dropped on concentration camps, railroad lines or bridges leading to them. After the war, American officials were actively involved in providing safe passage to Nazi criminals!
2. The United States supported the UN embargo of arms sales to the region after Israel declared independence in 1948. In the 50's, the US abandoned Israel. And Israel was forced to find ‘new masters' - France and UK - and fought the Sinai War on their behalf.
3. Consistent sabotage of Israel’s military successes through the years effectively perpetuated the Arab-Israeli conflict and prevented Israel from attaining decisive victory over her enemies. The recent pressure on Israel by President Bush, as well as arm-twisting by President Clinton to force Israel to sign the Oslo Accord, and humiliation of Netanyahu and bedrail by President Obama are just symptoms of the same ‘old sickness’ – Antisemitism, which is deeply ingrained in international political elite!
I have stated many times that being pro-Jewish does not make me anti-anything. I am not against Arabs or Christians, nor against USA or Europe. I strongly believe that the Jewish people, in Israel and the Diaspora, must be united in pursuit of their own National Goal: “The right of Jews to live in peace on all Jewish land!”
This goal is completely justifiable morally, historically, religiously and even legally. We must not pay any attention and disregard what the anti-Israel demagogues and spin-masters are saying or fabricating. Their interests are in conflict with Jewish goals and should not be our concern! For too long Jews have been accommodating and pleasing others with the detrimental effect to their own needs and interests. It is time to become assertive and give high priority and consideration to Jewish national aspirations. History teaches us that nobody else did, does or will!