Eulogy for the Oslo Accords
by Steven Shamrak
On September 28th the world was supposed to celebrate, but conveniently forgot, the anniversary of the Israeli-Palestinian Interim Agreement, widely known as the Oslo Accords. Three political stooges Yasser Arafat, Yitzhak Rabin and Shimon Perez received the Nobel Peace prize for signing this worthless piece of paper, which was based on fake promises made by Yasser Arafat in a letter to the Prime Minister of Israel, Rabin on 9 September, 1993.
In this letter Yasser Arafat promised: “The PLO considers that the signing of the Declaration of Principles constitutes an historic event, inaugurating a new epoch of peaceful coexistence, free from violence and all other acts which endanger peace and stability. Accordingly, the PLO renounces the use of terrorism and other acts of violence and will assume responsibility over all PLO elements and personnel in order to assure their compliance, prevent violations and discipline violators.”
It was particularly not convenient to celebrate the dead accord when Mahmoud Abbas came to the UN and put the final nail in its coffin, unilaterally abandoning the principles of negotiation and undermining stability of the peace process.
Due to enormous political pressure exerted on Israel by the Clinton administration to sign the agreement, many parts of it were deliberately written ambiguously to make it open to interpretation. Israel was prepared to allow limited autonomy to the non-Jewish populations of Judea, Samaria and Gaza, but the PLO was determined to obtain statehood as the first step towards future territorial expansion with the inclusion of the land of Israel and possibly Jordan, as part of Palestine.
Many promises were made clearly but deceitfully by Arafat and never delivered:
1. Terror attacks on Israel have never stopped.
2. PA regularly sabotaged negotiations, endangering peace and stability by breaking them and calling for international pressure on Israel.
3. Terrorists of Fatah, Hamas and other Islamic organisations have been freely conducting their bloody business. Often, the terrorist actions were coordinated by PA to meet its political aim. (cont. see below)
When the Oslo agreement was signed several important undertakings were promised by PLO, but not delivered by Arafat and Abbas:
1. Israel is still not legally recognised by the Palestinian Authority or by any major organisations like PLO or Hamas.
2. New entity is supposed to be a democracy. After the last election, which Hamas won, Abbas illegally retained control of the PA and the next election is long overdue. Therefore, the current PA leadership is not legitimate nor the democratically elected representatives of the so-called Palestinians.
3. Article XI, 1: “The two sides view the West Bank and the Gaza Strip as a single territorial unit” - At the moment there are two defacto governing bodies: PA, Fatah controlled, in Judea and Samaria and Hamas in Gaza.
4. Terrorist attacks on Israel have never stopped. Israel was forced to build a wall around the West Bank to stop suicide bombers, who were mainly recruited by Fatah. Gaza was sealed due to terror attacks instigated by Hamas.
5. Article XXII, 2: “Israel and the Council will ensure that their respective educational systems contribute to the peace between the Israeli and Palestinian peoples and to peace in the entire region” - PA has never stopped anti-Israel propaganda! Martyrdom is glorified in the press and in mosques, kindergartens and schools by both Fatah and Hamas.
The Oslo agreement expired several years ago. It had not brought peace, but exposed lies and treachery. Instead of negotiating peace, the PA regularly walked from the negotiation table in pursuit of hypocritical international support in order to pressure Israel for more concessions, giving nothing in return.
This agreement was dead on arrival! It must be viewed by Israel as a lesson, which many terror experts insist on: “Never negotiate with terrorists!” So-called Palestinian people are the fake nation which was forged by Arabs in 1964 in order to destroy Israel. They are not interested in peace with Israel. They are occupiers of Jewish land!
Israel must realise that the only way to resolve the conflict is to utilise self-reliance and determination to end the occupation of Jewish land by Arabs and so-called Palestinians. The painful experience of the peace process has proven one obvious point - Arabs will never have peace with Israel! Israel has done everything possible to accommodate peace with this terror infested entity. Any other country or nation would not even bother. Therefore, it is time to reclaim our land, transfer the enemy population to Sinai or to other numerous Arabs states, those who claim to care so much about “poor Palestinians”. (Why not them? - In order to have peace, Israel forcibly removed 8,500 Jews from Gaza. It did not stop terror attacks. The PA insists that all Jews must be removed from Judea and Samaria! So why not remove them from Jewish land instead?) This is the only option Israel has. The alternative is annihilation!
Arabs respect strong opponents. It is integral to their national makeup. When Israel demonstrated its military superiority, it was respected not just by Arab states, but by most countries, including the Soviet Union. It is time to stop being “a little ghetto Jew”, end the policy of appeasement of international anti-Semitic bigots who will never be content with Jews, and stand up for our own rights.
Palestine is the Eretz-Israel - Land of Israel! It is the Jewish ancestral land, which was promised to Jews by G-d and even by resolution of the League of Nation in 1922. It is time to take it back!