After Pesach and Hanukkah, Purim is the third major Zionist holiday. It is not just about the readings of the Book of Esther. It teaches us that when united and determined Jews can defeat any enemies, even living as a minority in hostile exile. Our spiritual and political leaders need to learn this lesson in order to make progress in uniting Jewish people and land!
Purim Message from a Holocaust Survivor
by Solly Ganor
Today, when we are under threat of annihilation from
the same old country of
Rules of War!
(from a list of the 613 Mitzvot)
Even before the War of Independence enemies of Jewish
people were conducting genocidal war against Jews in
- That those engaged in warfare shall not fear their enemies nor be panic-stricken by them during battle (Deut. , , 20:3).
- To anoint a special kohein (to speak to the soldiers) in a war (Deut. 20:2).
- Not to destroy fruit trees (wantonly or in warfare) (Deut. -20).
- In a permissive war (as distinguished from obligatory ones), to observe the procedure prescribed in the Torah (Deut. - “When thou drawest nigh unto a city to fight against it, then proclaim peace unto it.”)
- Not to degrade a beautiful woman (taken captive in war) to the condition of a bondwoman (Deut. ).
- That the evil done to us by Amalek shall not be forgotten (Deut. 25:17).
- To destroy the seed of Amalek (Deut. 25:19).
Note: The laws of Torah stated it clearly - Jews can forgive and make peace with enemies who want peace, but not with murderous and unrepentant haters of Jewish nation!
Food for Thought. by Steven Shamrak
There are many mitzvahs, commandments, in Judaism. Two
of them direct us to live a happy and purposeful life. Unfortunately, most
branches of Judaism mainly promote tzdoka, donation.
There are other important mitzvahs -
Jewish unity and re-unification of the Jewish land, as Jews of all political
affiliations used to sing “Eretz-Israel on both side
Israel advances water solutions for the global market. The projects include 500 water schemes in Rumania, preventing water leakage in Moscow, irrigating sugar cane plantations in South Africa, recycling wastewater at the Beijing Olympics, fish farm hydroponics in Turkey and desalination in Cyprus. So the great news is that Israel will have surplus water within a decade. Even by the end of next year, 75% of Israeli households will be using desalinated water.
Arab MKs Deliberately Spread Dangerous Libel
The two lawmakers, both of whom draw
salaries supported by Israeli taxpayers, were
listed as representatives of “
Israeli researchers from Hadassah Medical Center have discovered a gene that increases the lifespan of mice, and may do the same for humans. Moreover, the scientists discovered a rise in life expectancy among males, based on calorie restriction.
Academics believe access to long-forgotten UN World War II archive
could shine new light on the Holocaust and bring modern-day war criminals to
account. Locked inside UN headquarters is a huge but largely unknown archive
documenting 10,000 cases against accused World War II criminals. "It's
outrageous that material which could help bring today's war criminals to
justice and improve our understanding of the Holocaust is still secret,"
said British academic Dr. Dan Plesch (The UN, called the League of Nations at the time, like the Red
Cross, was the main Genocide Facilitator of the Holocaust. ‘Ugly Nothing’ did
Welcome to the ‘Spring’ - No Apology Necessary?
A furious mob has desecrated dozens of Commonwealth War Graves in a Libyan cemetery amid continuing fury in the Middle East over the (alleged) burning of the Koran by US soldiers. Headstones commemorating British and Allied servicemen, killed during World War II campaigns in the Western Desert, lay smashed and strewn across Benghazi Military Cemetery.
A leading European analyst has determined that Israel could destroy Iran's nuclear weapons infrastructure. A former senior German defence official has asserted that the Israel Air Force was capable of destroying key Iran's nuclear facilities within hours. Hans Ruhle, planning director of the German Defence Ministry from 1982 to 1988, said Israel could torpedo Iranian nuclear weapons development for years by bombing only six of up to 30 Iranian sites. (The problem is not with Teheran, but Washington. US governments have been restricting Israel’s right to defeat her enemies, using political and economic blackmail, since the inception of the Jewish state!)
‘Useless Nothing’ is at Its Best
Arab Supreme Court Judge Refused to Sing Anthem
An Arab judge of Israel’s Supreme Court caused an outrage when he refused to sing Israel’s national anthem. “There are citizens who demand rights and government positions, but who scorn their national obligations with insolence and arrogance... Whoever does not like the national anthem should find a country with a suitable anthem and go there” said MK Michael Ben-Ari (National Union).
Americans for Peace Now's Director of Policy and Government Relations, Lara Friedman, has expressed her discontent and dissatisfaction with the failure of Arab officials to acknowledge Jewish rights to Jerusalem. “This is a serious problem,” Friedman proclaimed. “If President Abbas cannot acknowledge Jewish claims in Jerusalem, he should not be surprised if it is more difficult for Israelis and Jews, wherever they are, to believe that he can be trusted in a peace agreement that leaves Jerusalem sites precious to Jews under Palestinian control. (More and more delusional Jews are coming to the realisation that Arabs do not want peace with Israel, but destruction of the Jewish state!)
Fake Integrity Failed Again
French Constitutional Council struck down a draft law that would have criminalised the denial of the genocide
of 1.5 million of Armenians by the Ottoman Turks, legislation that
has soured relations between
Dispeakable Attempt of Spiritual Genocide
Slain Wall Street Journal reporter
Daniel Pearl was baptized into The Church of Jesus
Christ of Latter-day Saints nearly a decade after his death.
Quote of the Week:
“Look, you apologize when
you’ve done something wrong and you want to make amends. You don’t apologize
when someone makes you admit to a mistake that you haven’t made, and in fact, in
this case incites the people to do some of these things, because they think the
apology is an admission of wrongdoing.” - John Bolton, former
Wishful Thinking or Plain Stupidity?
1) Isaac Herzog, member of Foreign Affairs and Defence Committee, said that the Syrian opposition want to "be friends" with Israel. He refused to name his sources because he said they fear retribution by Assad. He said they are aligned with the main rebel factions. (Why are so many Jews always eager and ready to be fooled and used by Israel’s enemies?)
2) The opposition Syrian National Council is willing to work with Hezbollah, the council's leader said, provided the extremist group does not interfere with democratic change in Syria. (They say “democracy”, but scream "Allāhu Akbar"! There is not united Syrian opposition, just some gangs of Islamic thugs. Do we really need to replace another Arab egomaniac dictator by a lawless Islamic mob?)